But first – a video!
Yesterday I finally attacked those olives that I brought home from work.
The recipe Adrian gave me is as follows:
1. Wash olives. Rinse. Pick out the damaged and bruised ones.
2. Boil sufficient water.
3. Allow water to cool.
4. Dissolve salt into water. Lots of salt.
5. Lots and lots of salt – sufficient salt to allow an uncooked egg in its shell to float just off the surface of the pot.
6. Put olives in container.
7. Cover with the water. Take the egg out first.
8. Cover with olive oil.
9. Container must be airtight.
10. Leave for around three months.
I cleared a shelf in the laundry cupboard because no one goes in there but me so they’ll remain undisturbed until the September school holidays. Adrian and his wife made olives like this once before and he said they were beautiful, so I hope it works as well for us.