Just to show that I’m getting the mojo back. I bought an old wheelbarrow at a garage sale a few months ago and Mick drilled drainage holes in the bottom of it for me. I planted lettuce in it but they didn’t do well. (So I planted them in the wicking bed… poor things were doomed from the second I brought them home!) I planted some cornflower seedlings and some nasturtium seeds in the barrow instead and look what’s growing!
Makes me happy. Tomorrow I’m going to a Permaculture group’s meeting and then I’ll tackle the wicking beds. I’m guessing my housework will never get done.
Found the following on a forum this morning. I loves me a good pun.
1. My neighbour knocked on my door at 2:30this morning, can you
believe that? 2:30am?
Luckily for him I was still up playing my Bagpipes.
2. The Grim Reaper came for me last night, and I beat him off with a
Talk about Dyson with death.
3. Paddy says, “Mick, I’m thinking of buying a Labrador.
“Really,” says Mick “have you seen how many of their owners go
4. I saw a poor old lady fall over today on the ice!!
At least I presume she was poor – she only had $1.20 in her purse.
5. My girlfriend thinks that I’m a stalker. Well, she’s not exactly my
6. Woke up last night to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at
the foot of my bed.
At first I was afraid then I was petrified.
7. The wife has been missing a week now. Police said to prepare for
So I have been to the charity shop to get all her clothes back.
8. A mate of mine admitted to being addicted to brake fluid.
When I quizzed him on it he reckoned he could stop any time.
9. I went to the cemetery yesterday to lay some flowers on a grave.
As I was standing there I noticed 4 grave diggers walking about with
3 hours later and they’re still walking about with it.
I thought to myself, “These guys have lost the plot!”
10. My daughter asked me for a pet spider for her birthday, so I went
to our local pet shop and they were $70.
“Blow this,” I thought, “I can get one cheaper off the web.”
11. Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
12. I was at an ATM yesterday when a little old lady asked if I could
check her balance, so I pushed her over.
13. I start a new job in Seoul next week. I thought it was a good Korea
14. I was driving this morning when I saw an NRMA van parked on the
side of the road.
The driver was sobbing uncontrollably and looked very miserable.
I thought to myself, “That guy’s heading for a breakdown.”
15. I just met a fat, alcoholic, transvestite. He wants to eat, drink,
and be Mary.