Jun. 24, 2012
- I don’t know why this is on Failblog. It sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Especially since I’m just back from delivering Ryan17 to school to drop him off to his school camp to Tasmania. In the middle of winter. I know!!!! We went and did some urgent winter clothes shopping at DFO on Friday night so he wouldn’t freeze to death. He also took my camera so there’ll be no photos this week.
- The chooks are giving us 2 or 3 eggs a day now. However, the lavender araucana who lays the blue eggs has decided to go broody. I can’t believe it! She’s only meant to be 4 or 5 months old and she’s living in the nesting box looking cranky. ( Still, it might just be a clever way to get out of all the rain.) However, all of this pure breeds broodiness nonsense makes the good old, common as muck Isa Browns look good. They don’t go broody, they just lay an egg a day for a good two years and then eat you out of house and home because you’re too fond of them/too squeamish to kill them. (Tell me again why having chooks is a good idea…?)
- Home grown celery tastes AMAZING. I grew 4 or 5 of them from seed last spring, they slo-o-o-wly grew over summer but have now taken off. I was making some vegetable stock paste on Saturday and I threw in some celery, then tasted some. OMG! So flavoursome! This morning I found this recipe to use it up, along with this recipe to make the mayo. It’s clearly meant to be.
- The thermomix continues to preoccupy me at present. It’s going gangbusters, as well it should. Last month I had my best month in sales to date, but I’ve now equalled it this month. (yay!) I’m out doing demos and the boys are adjusting. Last night I came home after 6PM from a demo in Berwick and I started making dinner. I peeled an onion, then looked at the clock. “The Block’ was starting and it was the last day of renovating. I was pretty tired. I looked at the boys, lolling around after a weekend of lolling around at their Dad’s place. Ryan17 was packing, David18 was doing a spot of homework, but Evan15 was just sitting on the computer. Doing nothing. Just asking to be put to work, really. So he made the ‘Pasta with Tuna’ from the thermomix cookbook and I sat on the couch with a glass of red and watched my show. Dinner was served and I didn’t have to do a thing. Heaven!
- Only a week to go till the holidays. The private schools are already on holidays. Curse them!!!! It’s freezing today and I’m teaching in the portables. Thank goodness for my fingerless gloves.
- I channelled Scarlett O’Hara on FB that as God is my witness, I’ll start knitting something this weekend. Someone doubted me. Someone was correct. Still, see the point above. I’ll have plenty of time then.