This has nothing to do with the post. It just made me laugh when I eventually saw it.
Feeling happy this morning. I’ve got two loaves of bread dough rising over the heating duct; the sky is a brilliant blue; the holidays still have a week to go; yesterday I started knitting this (though in a slightly less eye-catching shade of mushroom); I have a demo at lunchtime with a girl who is very excited to have me go over there (well…. she’s only human….. that was a joke, by the way); I find that I MUST be enjoying teaching my year 8s this year because I keep thinking about their little faces during the holidays!!!!; and everything seems calm and still.
Wasn’t quite that way yesterday. Despite me and numerous other people telling him not to touch the radiator cap when the motor is hot, guess what Tom20 did yesterday? The blast knocked him off his feet and gave him second degree burns on his chest. He’s so very lucky not have have got it in the face, though that little fact escaped him until I mentioned it. When it sunk in he was horrified how one moment’s thoughtlessness could’ve had life changing repercussions. He’s fully aware that it’s his own stupid fault, which I imagine doesn’t do much do assuage the sting of his chest. Still, some people learn things the hard way and Tom20 tends to be one of those people.
Well, just looked at the clock and the half hour rising time is just about up, so I’d better go and make some bread for the boys to wake up to.