I’ve fallen down on a couple of areas this week, but this challenge has made me get out there and preserve something, which I know I wouldn’t have done otherwise, so that’s a good thing.
1. Plant Something:
2. Harvest and Eat Something: 1. Eggs 2. Warrigal Greens for both us and the chooks. 3. Rosemary. 4. Apple Cucumbers 5. Apples. 6. Tomatoes 7. Capsicum 8. Parsley
3. Preserve Something: Cut some lime verbena to dry.
4. Waste Not: 1. Found a couple of frozen leftovers in the freezer. Am currently sitting at my desk (on Monday) with one of them for lunch. Yum!
5. Want Not: 1. Had to take 4 packets of rice crackers in to a specialist cooking class I was working at. At the end of the night I saw that 1 pack remained unopened. I brought it back home with me. After all… I paid for it in the first place!
6. Cook Something New: 1. Rose Petal Jam – I was asked to make something fabulous at the Branch meeting. Not being a massive foodie; this sounded fabulous enough for me! Who knows? If I like the taste of it, I’ll save the rose bush from getting ripped out when the new garden goes in. 🙂
2. Salami Fettucini from the EDC. People have been telling me about this recipe for 3 years… and yes. It was nice.
7. Manage Your Reserves: 1. I need to use up brown rice as we have far too much. Made lentil bolognaise over brown rice instead of pasta. It was delicious.
8. Work On Local Food Systems:
Thermomix Recipe: Rhubarb Shortbread Squares. I have some rhubarb growing and this looks like an interesting way to use some.